public class NullPointerExceptionextends RuntimeException
A Java Card runtime environment-owned instance of NullPointerException is thrown when an applet attempts to use null in a case where an object is required. These include:
- Calling the instance method of a null object.
- Accessing or modifying the field of a null object.
- Taking the length of null as if it were an array.
- Accessing or modifying the slots of null as if it were an array.
- Throwing null as if it were a Throwable value.
Java Card runtime environment-owned instances of exception classes are temporary Java Card runtime environment Entry Point Objects and can be accessed from any applet context. References to these temporary objects cannot be stored in class variables or instance variables or array components. See Runtime Environment Specification for the Java Card Platform, section 6.2.1 for details. This Java Card platform class's functionality is a strict subset of the definition in the JavaTM 2 Platform Standard Edition (J2SETM)APISpecification.
|NullPointerException () Constructs a NullPointerException.|
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object|
Constructs a NullPointerException.