The MW520U is a dual interface smart card reader compliant to ISO 7816 Part 1-3 Class A, B standard for the Contact smart card and to ISO 14443 Part 1-4 Type A, B standard for the Contactless Card.
MW520U is PC/SC Compliant for contact and contactless interfaces. It makes use of high-speed communication for PICCs (proximity or contactless cards) with maximum speed of 424 kbps like DesFire Cards. Furthermore, RDM520U has intelligent support for hybrid cards and combi cards and it is designed such that it can still detect a contactless card even if it is inserted in the contact card slot. As different applications require different levels of security and functionality, the MW520U has an optional built-in SAM card slot for added security. What is more is MW520U uses a landing type card acceptor which minimizes card damage for more reliable card operations.
With the variety of features that the MW520U offers, you will certainly benefit from all these product features to start developing a wide range of applications!
- PC/SC Compliant for Contact & Contactless Smart Card Interfaces
- CCID Compliant
- RoHS compliant
- Built-in Antenna
- Built-in SAM card slot(Select)
- Built-in ICC slot
- USB Full Speed (12 Mbps)
- Contact Smart Card Reader: Support major ISO7816 cards
- Contactless Smart Card Reader:
- Support Major ISO14443 Type A/ B cards
- Native T=CL support for ISO14443-4
- T=CL emulation for MIFARE Classic PICCs（e.g. MIFARE 1K, 4K, DESFire and Ultralight）High-speed communication (e.g. 424 kbps)
- Supports Multi-Block Transfer Mode
- Automatic fare collection
- E-Commerce ,E-purse Applications
- Home banking and Home Shopping
- Digital Signature
- Parking and toll collection
- Vending Machines
- Physical access control
- Stored Value